About this blog

Day 15 - Going to the beach



After my first night in Miami I woke up refreshed, actually I hadn’t set any alarm and I therefore almost missed the complimentary breakfast provided by the hostel. After breakfast I went for a walk in order to discover the streets around the hostel. There are some pretty neat Art Deco houses around South Beach and I got some pretty nice shots of the buildings with palm trees in beautiful morning light. I also went to buy some postcards which I sent out at the nearby post office. I then returned to the hostel and spent some time reading e-mails and uploading some pictures to Facebook. At 1 pm complimentary lunch was served at the hostel. I have never been at a hostel that served three meals a day. Unfortunately there was not much on offer for vegetarians, all I got was a plate full of rice and two pieces of bread. After lunch I took a little rest before heading down towards the beach. The sun was shining and it was really hot outside. Luckily by the beach some wind was blowing. I went for a little swim in the Atlantic. The water was really warm compared to the Pacific in LA where even on hot summer days the water is still chilly. I then took a sunbath until it was about time to return to the hostel for dinner. I still had time for a quick shower before dinner was served at 6. Unfortunately also this time all they could offer me was rice. I went therefore out in order to get some real dinner and took a little walk after I had eaten. In the restaurant I met a very nice Cuban gentlemen who told me wonderful stories about a Finnish girl he once dated. A very funny guy. I returned to the hostel because some light rainfall had started and spent the rest of the night inside meeting new roommates which were as the previous ones from Australia.

Miami Beach

Miami Beach

Miami Beach

Miami Beach

Miami Beach

Miami Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment